WHITE FALCON (Gravity)
Edmonton, Alberta, 2022 (In Design)
"My vision is restricted
I can not see, can't get
Lower than GRAVITY"
~ Dr. Oxide (Larry Sieniuc)
The White Falcon Townhouse project addresses challenges in building new affordable housing—by providing higher density housing that is in context with an existing predominently single family neighbourhood. It is designed for a corner lot in the Ottewell district—one of Edmonton's older established communities.
The townhouses are in scale with the existing older homes found in the area. Each unit has been carefully designed to take full advantage of the corner lot —to maximize privacy with unit entries located off the two different street frontages.
The project is designed as an energy efficient, green building to reduce energy consumption and provide a healthy environment for residents. Some of the basic guiding principles followed in the development of the Conceptual Design for the White Falcon include:
• Sustainability—to have a low impact on the environment
• Community— to be in context with the surrounding neighbourhood character
• Health—to be healthy for residents
• Energy Efficiency—to be energy-efficient
• Resource Efficiency—to use quality, long lasting natural building materials
• Cost Efficiency— to be affordable to construct and maintain
• Small Footprints—to provide compact, efficient development
In Memory of Dr Oxide (Larry Sieniuc) Musician, Songwriter, Artist